Are you … – feeling stuck? – shooting the same way every week? – wishing your photos were stronger? Recharge your photography with a personalized, one-on-one Mentoring Session.
HOW IT WORKS
We meet online via GotoMeeting.com so we can both see my computer screen. You can either Dropbox me your images or we can go through your website. Our session lasts 3 hours, and no topic is out of bounds. I’m here to help you think more creatively, and will encourage you to be more thoughtful with your shooting.
SAMPLE SESSION TOPICS
– We can go through your latest shoot, frame by frame
– I can help you edit your next blog post, with your strongest images represented
– I can help you discover other ways to document a scene
– I can add to your “portrait session toolkit”, so you’re not struggling the next time your clients ask, “What do you want us to do?”
– Honestly, we can discuss whatever you want – I’m an open book!
Why am I the best person to help you improve your photojournalism?
- I’m a Photojournalist with over 20 years experience, including 11 years as a staff photojournalist for the Chicago Tribune
- I’ve taught Photojournalism for over a decade at the Medill School of Journalism at Northwestern University
- Featured speaker at the Foundation Conference, Kansas City in 2010
- Staff member of Foundation Workshop in 2014 and 2012
- Featured speaker at the 2015 Fearless Conference in Bucharest, Romania
- Featured Speaker at the 2015 Fearless Conference in Scottsdale, AZ
- I’ve successfully mentored photographers like you through my one-on-one mentoring program
Mentor Sessions Pricing:
PIT STOP: 599
During this 3-hour online session, we will deep dive into your photography. We may talk about your shooting style, discuss areas for growth and challenges you face, edit your latest shoot and website so your strongest photographs shine! Pit stops are an introduction to what is possible for you and your photography in my long-term programs.
ROAD TRIP: 2500
The car is packed, the playlist is set, and the cooler is full of snacks. Where will we go? In this six-month program, you receive:
- 4 2-hour, online sessions where we review your shoots and discuss your goals as a photographer
- Weekly, tailored homework assignments to supercharge your shooting and storytelling abilities
- Personal Story Development: Part of nurturing your inner artist is expanding your skills to go beyond weddings. Together, we will create a personal story project that inspires you and helps you step outside your comfort zone. This project will build your confidence and abilities.
I will accompany you at your wedding as a second or third shooter (U.S. travel expenses included). I will work with you to create moment-driven and impactful images your client will love. I’ll also observe you at work, and will be there for help. We can work on off-camera lighting, finding moments in portrait sessions, identifying the ideal location for your shots, and shooting action and reaction. You will receive my images for your client, gentle instruction when appropriate and an online review session after your wedding. Let’s rock this together!
Hear What Other Photographers Are Saying:
Want to make stronger images? Capture better moments? Fall in love with your work again?
Mentor sessions start at $599.
Questions? Ask away!