I just returned from teaching at the Foundation Workshops to a sweet surprise, my feature inside Shutterbug Magazine about wedding photography along with fellow photographers Cliff Mautner and Lisa Mark.
I remember reading Shutterbug Magazine when I was a young photojournalism student, I’d scour the ads for gear, record tips from professionals and dream about becoming a professional photographer. It means so much to be included here, check out this month’s issue!
I’m really excited for my next Moment-Driven Workshop: Chicago April 10-11 and am offering Fearless Photographers and Foundation Workshops students $100 off!
Want to discuss where you are with your photography and where you would like to be? Sign up for a free Strategy Session with me!
The next Chicago Moment-Driven Photojournalism Workshop (limited to only 10 students) is April 10-11. We will spend two days telling one person’s story, strengthening our visual storytelling and stepping outside our comfort zones.
If you’re shooting the same thing each week, the same way … this workshop can help.
- How to capture and package the story of your clients, rather than hundreds of images that don’t connect to their hearts
- How to communicate with your clients so that you can anticipate which photos will speak most strongly to them
- How to capture powerful moments during a portrait session that show your clients as an authentic version of themselves
- How to work through any anxiety and you experience documenting and interacting with strangers and address the self-doubt that keeps you from capturing the powerful shots you know you’re capable of
- An intimate group experience with other photographers similarly interested in upleveling their skills
- Tons of feedback from Candice and fellow workshop participants
- Ample time to apply what you’re learning to make your photographs even stronger
- A 15-minute follow up call with Candice after the workshop to identify areas for growth
- Access to a private Facebook group of Moment-Driven alumni for future support!
YOU’LL PARTICIPATE IN
- Shooting assignments in downtown Chicago documenting strangers and telling their stories. This is a hands-on workshop where you apply the feedback and techniques you’ve learned immediately.
- Feedback sessions where you practice identifying what makes a strong photograph so you can learn to quickly shoot and cull your own shots. Many photographers take days to edit a shoot — it should only take a few hours, once you know what to look for!